Competition YakComp 35: “The sump of all fears”

YakComp 35: the sump of all fears (pick upto 3)

• @scavvierising "The Clone Lord"

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @medmos ”Shoot at the...legs?”

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • @lyndon "Did you hear something move?"

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • @CaptainDangerous ”Dangerously Mad Robot”

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • @ClanBuckCANS 'We all began as something else'

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @trollmeat ”counts-as Chaos Spawn”

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
“Listen. Understand. That Dangerously Mad Robot is out there. It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with...it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear...and it absolutely will not stop.Ever. Until you are dead.”
F24FC1E9-1D4C-4551-BC34-92A4AC07281C.jpeg

3DBE157E-71D5-4FA5-95F5-6CD6077E2525.jpegE8160286-EB0B-44A4-A794-D33341F25D5A.jpegF24FC1E9-1D4C-4551-BC34-92A4AC07281C.jpeg

The Dangerously Mad Robot is a creation with but a single purpose: Extermination
Functionally (N18++), it is a bog standard ambot, but without an inhibitor.
In NCE, it is a walking water still with pitslave shears and buzzsaw!

0C2C5768-0789-40D8-9520-1CE274401107.jpeg

additional/progress pics in the Dangerzone: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/the-dangerzone.5324/

Lyndon

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Jan 14, 2016
Everyone wondered what Old Man Jeb was up to, hoarding scrap from who knows where. He could often be heard working late into the night, cutting, hammering and welding.
Then, one night, all was silent. Those nearby heard a click and a wirr, and Jeb exclaim "Finally, my creation, it's ali...", before the dome was filled with a blood-curdling shriek.
A couple of the more adventuress gangs sent scouts to investigate, recieving reports back of a massive metal beast stalking the ruins of Jebs compound.

Made from a toy mech suit and whatever bits I found lying around.
I'll treat it as a 2nd ed dreadnought in NCE. In Newcromunda this probably translates to an Escher juve or similar.

I've also only just noticed that I've failed to take any photos showing the detailing on the shoulder.

Progress pics in a thread over here https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/lyndons-log-of-seemingly-random-stuff.8481/page-4

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Waylin was a gifted kid. For an Underhive born boy he was simply a genius, and all he wanted was to serve the Emperor! But his inventive ideas and mechanical insight was looked down upon by the inhabitants of Sump Falls, and most of all by the Cawdor gang known as the Iron Masks. Waylin tried convincing them that he could help and serve in the fight against mutants and heretics, but all he got was suspicion and abuse. And once his psychic powers started to manifest there was no choice. He had to flee into the sumpy wastes, with the Cawdor gang hot on his heels. He managed to escape, and in the dark caves and lost workshops he found everything he needed to get his revenge on the now hated Iron Masks...
8ngIz4C.jpg

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Warning the entry below contains a blatant knock off of another yak's work.
It's pretty obvious who.
Had originally planned to make a baby Daemon fulgrim. Buuuut when rummaging through my bits (that sounds rude) I found this head and the rest is history.

Only a mad man would take the DNA of one of them and try to improve upon it. It just so happens that this world is full of such folk. However being a mad babbling loon who rants about what they're up to. It didn't take long for the inquisition to find out something was up. Soon Inquisitor Hrothgar Masters was leading a kill team into the depths of the underhive. What confronted him at the end of his quest was more terrifying than he could ever have imagined. The abomination known only as No. XI.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Waylin was a gifted kid. For an Underhive born boy he was simply a genius, and all he wanted was to serve the Emperor! But his inventive ideas and mechanical insight was looked down upon by the inhabitants of Sump Falls, and most of all by the Cawdor gang known as the Iron Masks. Waylin tried convincing them that he could help and serve in the fight against mutants and heretics, but all he got was suspicion and abuse. And once his psychic powers started to manifest there was no choice. He had to flee into the sumpy wastes, with the Cawdor gang hot on his heels. He managed to escape, and in the dark caves and lost workshops he found everything he needed to get his revenge on the now hated Iron Masks...
View attachment 117963
. . . Shoot at the legs? . . . . . . . . . There isn't enough explosives in all the Underhive to destroy that monstrosity.....

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
In NCE, it is a walking water still with pitslave shears and buzzsaw!
It kind of looks more like a walking porta loo to me.
How many underhivers have made this mistake?
No wonder it's out to exterminate everyone.
Maybe it's an ambush feature purposely done by it's creators. All it has to do is park itself on the edge of a settlement. And one by one people will eventually approach. Now that would be the work of an evil genius. After all everyone has to go at some point.

I tell you what though. The concept of an ambush toilet has definitely made me giggle. And in doing so secured my troublesome 3rd vote.

I know comparing something to a toilet is normally seen as a disparaging remark. But I am honestly saying this as a good thing.