Competition YakComp 35: “The sump of all fears”

YakComp 35: the sump of all fears (pick upto 3)

• @scavvierising "The Clone Lord"

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @medmos ”Shoot at the...legs?”

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • @lyndon "Did you hear something move?"

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • @CaptainDangerous ”Dangerously Mad Robot”

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • @ClanBuckCANS 'We all began as something else'

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @trollmeat ”counts-as Chaos Spawn”

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
As mentioned elsewhere, can the next competition be Alliances/etc?
You got me promise. I be liking the idea of a rag tag bunch of misfits, including void born, making up a crew of space Pirates (or Rouge traders, or Privateers). I think the lot of us who finished should take a vote, and commit to the idea. That way everyone could get started that much quicker.

Reactions: trollmeat

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I wouldn't mind and Alliances comp, but then again I don't think I'll take part in the next comp as long as Mad Robots Mega Challenge is rolling.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Any yak can express their idea for a new comp here...

Only the winner can decide the new comp! (Unless they won last time, then 2nd place chooses)

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Any yak can express their idea for a new comp here...

Only the winner can decide the new comp! (Unless they won last time, then 2nd place chooses)
. . .. ack. . . . Why must I aggravate the mods. . . . Sorry

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
It’s fun?
1CE9B121-B4AE-4A7B-A31F-A21BF316BB73.jpeg

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
I could have posted asking for the next theme to be allies in the yakcomp brainstorming thread, but then it would have been yet another suggestion not a request subtle hint :)

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I do like that you’re using your initiative, but i would hate to think that such talk might askew the results of this Comp!
(and I did, like, you know, create the ideas thread at the request of such a place existing, just say’in !) 🙂

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Woohoo, thanks for the votes, gentleyaks! I am very grateful you liked the beastie.
Congrats to @trollmeat, I thought you might take this one. I don't know what "It's time, Jon" refers to, whether he has plans with or for Jon... and I don't want to know. I'm only happy my name is John, or the nightmares had been real. 😁
And congrats to @CaptainDangerous, the robot was truly mad, and finished in record time!
Well done all, another fun comp!

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Woohoo, thanks for the votes, gentleyaks! I am very grateful you liked the beastie.
Congrats to @trollmeat, I thought you might take this one. I don't know what "It's time, Jon" refers to, whether he has plans with or for Jon... and I don't want to know. I'm only happy my name is John, or the nightmares had been real. 😁
And congrats to @CaptainDangerous, the robot was truly mad, and finished in record time!
Well done all, another fun comp!
Look up "i'm sorry Jon" leads to a strange Reddit with 250,000 followers.
Some rather dark but alluring work up there. That adds a rather strange dimension to Garfield's and Jon's relationship.
I knew nothing of this until I looked it up after seeing this entry.

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
I've been down in that den of iniquity a few times. It's freaky to be sure, but also full of some really creative stuff. And besides, I'm completely fine. Then again, back in my sinful early 20s my favorite pastime was playing horror shooters like F.E.A.R. and Dead Space while under the influence of illicit substances, so there might not have been much sanity there to damage in the first place.