Competition YakComp 35: “The sump of all fears”

YakComp 35: the sump of all fears (pick upto 3)

• @scavvierising "The Clone Lord"

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @medmos ”Shoot at the...legs?”

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • @lyndon "Did you hear something move?"

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • @CaptainDangerous ”Dangerously Mad Robot”

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • @ClanBuckCANS 'We all began as something else'

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @trollmeat ”counts-as Chaos Spawn”

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
On a side note over the last two days realized that, the thin wood covering was getting a little crumbly from all the chopping I had been doing for various projects. So yesterday afternoon, I cut out the bad section, and the with to fists of various popsicle sticks i let the creative muse go, and figured out the icon of the Necromundan 105th regiment. 🧐

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
I’m going to have to humbly retract my request for the next competition to somehow cover Alliances. I had forgotten that Yak29 covered the theme. I followed it with interest at the time, but had not yet picked up Necro+, so it didn’t mean anything to me except some cool looking models.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I think (a) that was a very specific kind of alliance, so still allows scope for some sort of alliance theme in future, and (b) that some overlap/repetition in themes isn't really a problem anyway, especially when there's been a fair bit of intervening time.

Looking forward to seeing what @MedMos comes up with for the next one.

Reactions: trollmeat

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Are we still waiting for #36?

(This isn't nagging; I'm just catching up on a bunch of stuff, having had a busy week at work, and want to be sure I've not missed it.)

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
We did notice, @Punktaku. 😁

Waiting on the mods, but in general things have been very quiet around here lately. Just one of those lulls, I guess. Maybe our periods synchronize... Or maybe it's a busy time of year. Or it could just be that I don't frequent the happenin' parts of the tribe atm.

Edit: Learned how to spell 'synchronize'.

Last edited:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Rest assured great yaks, that a new theme has been selected and is ready to go!
Following some sage advice, iv left it a while for demand to build up (especially with the new mad robot comp being launched)!

Look out for a new thread this next Saturday! 🙂
I for one was impressed how fast you turned the previous two around. I think that has a lot to do with how patient everyone was. And the time to concentrate on a mrmc entry was good.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
You could still be surprised, they might have ended up just taking your theme suggestion “under advisement” 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: MedMos