Competition Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al"

Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" (Upto 3 votes)

• @CaptainDangerous ‘Rockdrill Omega Rockdrill Legatus and Praefectus’

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • @MedMos "Have you met Sliza Minelli?"

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • @Coenus Scaldingus ‘Heatshiv and Catty’

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • @Hawkins44 ‘Ranger Scoresby & Reconnaissance Automata 030Ø-2’

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • @ClockworkOrange ‘Rad, Dances with Snake'

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • @Pierric ’Rust Town Oh là là’

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al"

Make a character (identity crisis optional) and their bodyguard. Anything goes, like a Mercenary Captain and his trusty Ogre, a Void Pirate Captain/Cold Trader and his Quartermaster, Guilder and the unassuming killer in his shadow or a Wizard with an Owlbear companion. Or even a Van Saar gang leader and his favorite meat shield, erhm protégé. Description of their relationship encouraged. They don't have to be called Betty or Al.

Yaks have 6 weeks to create, make and paint their entry, which must use at least 3 colours and be suitably based.

Bonus yak points* will be awarded for a yaktribe member reference
Even more Bonus yak points** for a dark-skinned Mad Donna and a wimpy, male Escher Kevin Costner look-a-like...

The deadline for this comp will be midnight BST on Sunday the 29th November 2020.
Any yak wishing to enter should fill out the following:

I, [insert yak name], will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry [insert working title], and will keep an updated work in progress here: [insert link to WIP thread].

e.g.
I, @CaptainDangerous, will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry ‘One man and his troll’, and will keep an updated work in progress here: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/the-dangerzone.5324/

PRIZE:
The Yak with the most votes will become the new YakComp Champion, Win $15 store credit from the ever generous @Mad Robot! They will also win a rather striking 1st place red banner, AND will have the ultimate power of selecting the theme for the next YakComp!

Good Luck Tribesmen!

*bonus yak points are worth 0
votes.
** extra bonus yak points are worth double bonus yak points!

d2e85312-cd9e-4826-95d5-11f14c220ea7-jpeg.jpg

Final Entries
A44923BA-70D4-4C1C-B579-0E1FFA2A647B.jpeg
15D330A3-14BF-4743-B366-AB78D2A2EFE5.jpeg
B437267A-AB16-495C-8CA2-002EFDBD9903.jpeg
4FA10FE8-EF23-45E2-AFAD-45871F98B290.jpeg
55F7C4C4-0E49-4DD2-B5F9-C3E762582AD2.jpeg
A98D8974-C518-4AC1-8583-E32F90732196.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
*The Captain possesses the plush creature known as Biggle to announce the Comptetitors*

I, SuboptimusPrime, will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry "Beauty and the Beast" , and will keep an updated work in progress here: You know the place..

I, @almic85 , will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry ‘Who is guarding who?’, and will keep an updated work in progress here:

I @Scavvierising will be entering yak comp 36. "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al".
With my entry "Packing Heat". Pics updated on this album Comp Stuff.

I, @Pierric, will rather be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry ‘Rust Town oh là là’, and I will keep an updated work in progress here : Showgryn & her bodyguard.

I, @Coenus Scaldingus , will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry ‘Heatshiv and Catty’ (name subject to change), and will keep an updated work in progress here: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/yakcomp-36-heatshiv-and-catty.10766/

I, MedMos, will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry 'Have you met Sliza Minelli?', and will keep an updated work in progress here: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/medmos-wip-the-slowjuicer-of-plogs.5671/post-248803

I, @CaptainDangerous , will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry Rockdrill Omega Rockdrill Legatus and Praefectus’, and will keep an updated work in progress here: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/the-dangerzone.5324/

I, @Hawkins44 , will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry 'Ranger Scoresby and his mechanical friend’. You can follow the progress Here.

I, Nuttowntau, will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry 'Dr. Stone & Buddy' and will keep an updated work in progress here: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/nuttowntaus-bit-of-underhive.8728/

*the Captain returns the bears fluffy soul* (original post)

The Troll now sneaks in and abuses the bear.

I, @ClockworkOrange will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry 'Rad, Dances with Snake' and will keep an updated work in progress here:

The bears abused body drops to the floor.....he’s glazed eyes depicting true horror, through the pain he utters;

Oh sugar! I am already making a drug dealer with a body guard for the mad robot challenge. I'll have to think of something different.

Last edited by a moderator:

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I, @almic85 , will be entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" with my entry ‘Who is guarding who?’, and will keep an updated work in progress here:

Now I just have to figure out what to make. Too bad I’ve already assembled all my slaveogryn, but I do have heaps of spare Goliath, Escher and Orlock to play with.

I just need to figure out who is guarding who and from what?

Pierric

Gang Champion
Jan 22, 2020
Berry, France
I read the comp rules here above, but couldn't find anything related to multiple entries.

Are they allowed ?

(I must admit some Yakcomp had me stay blank minded behind my PC and kept me out of it up to now, but this one is open to a lot of crazy ideas, so...)

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
So I have two options for this company and I’d like some feedback on if either or both would be acceptable for the competition.

1/ a Goliath ganger carrying an Escher ganger away from trouble, ala Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, but with the Escher ganger shooting two pistols (either both forwards or one forwards and one backwards). If I get the time maybe also have a big monster emerging from a pipe behind them or some smaller zombies approaching them.

2/ two gangers standing back to back with pistols drawn shooting out at what is assumed to be a hoard on incoming enemies. Again if I have time maybe have some other critters trying to close the circle around them.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
@Pierric
FAQ #3:
Can I enter more than once?
Yes, of course! But, each entry is treated separately. Example: AndyT81 gets 100points of voting on an awesome entry. djmothra get 99points for Entry 1 and another 99points for Entry 2 - Andy is still the winner.

@almic85
number One sounds like it will be more dynamic, but I love your twist on the theme and think both would work really well!

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
1/ a Goliath ganger carrying an Escher ganger away from trouble, ala Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, but with the Escher ganger shooting two pistols (either both forwards or one forwards and one backwards). If I get the time maybe also have a big monster emerging from a pipe behind them or some smaller zombies approaching them.
This sounds awesome. I can picture the scene. How the two started as enemies but the shared experience bonded them and now the goliath won't just leave her to her doom.

Reactions: trollmeat

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Are they allowed ?
I think the only reason no one does it is time constraints ... But I remember it being discussed in a previous comp that they are allowed.

Yes, it's in the general comp rules (as pointed out above). I don't know how often it's been done before, but I did two once* and it was already in the rules before that, so probably someone else had done it before.

*Which meant one of them didn't come last!

Reactions: trollmeat