Competition Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al"

Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" (Upto 3 votes)

• @CaptainDangerous ‘Rockdrill Omega Rockdrill Legatus and Praefectus’

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • @MedMos "Have you met Sliza Minelli?"

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • @Coenus Scaldingus ‘Heatshiv and Catty’

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • @Hawkins44 ‘Ranger Scoresby & Reconnaissance Automata 030Ø-2’

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • @ClockworkOrange ‘Rad, Dances with Snake'

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • @Pierric ’Rust Town Oh là là’

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Well I'm out!!! Will try to at least get the guarded gentlemen built, by the end of the day. Secret yakmas gift took up my time so at at least I was productive.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Morning Yakkers! Presenting the Troll’s entry, Rad & Snake.

Fluff;

Down in the depths of the Hive there exists a vile, evil place known as Sump City. As if that’s not bad enough, the worst most unsafe rule free den of inequity in Sump City is known as Llya’s bar.

The owner of Llya’s bar is Rad, as you can imagine he takes no sh*t! And rules the bar with his trusty club of office. Nobody has ever dared ask him how he lost his hand.

Llya’s “best” customer is Dances with Snake, a down and out Ratskin with an unquenchable tolerance for Snake.

Official Entry Pic;

Plog;

Loads of making of pictures in my thread but here’s some highlights.

Parts wise;

Rad is from Wargames Buildings / Sally Forth with no conversion work.

Snake is lots of Greenstuff, a Zulu body from Perry Miniatures, a Zombi Head from Wargames Factory and bottles from Anvil Industries.

General Comments;

Obviously I’ve gone for lots of bonus Yak points. Rad is based on @radulykan plus have a look at the bar menu.

In the interests of fairness I built the bar / background outside of the comp back in March so please only vote on the models.

Love Clockwork.

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
I finished my duo a while ago, but as the time draws near, I'll post it here, in case somebody missed it.

Ranger Scoresby & Reconnaissance Automata 030Ø-2
Who are the Rangers? Rangers are lone operatives, working either solo or in very small groups, usually performing reconnaissance and patrol duty around the outer border of the precinct or active, yet subtle investigation of suspicious activities both within and without the precinct territory.

If the Enforcer teams are a hammer of justice, Rangers are the scalpel and x-ray machine at once. They operate (partially) above the law, having all the power and equipment they need to root out and eliminate any criminal or subversive elements.

Ranger Scoresby is a veteran Ranger, serving for over 30 years in the field, and his reputation precedes his own presence. He's not known for being exactly merciful or forgiving. He's known for his ruthlessness and ability to cycle the lever of his rifle "faster than his shadow."

He often can be seen with a Recon Automata floating by his side, and it serves as an extended arm, equipped with a myriad of tools and weapons, as well as various Auspex scanners, or Vox transceivers.

Models
Scoresby is a mix of two kits, an Imperial Guardsman, Skitarii, with small bits coming from other kits, such as Tau Breachers (I guess?) for the scope, Wehrmacht Infantry from Bolt Action for the head, ammo belt, and map pouch, and Enforcers for the two other pouches. And a crapload of Green Stuff.

The Automata is an unmodified Servo Automata from a Forge World Mechanicum set.

Progress thread

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
OneDrive is unwilling to cooperate, hopefully this works...

"Heatshiv like Catty. Catty soft and make purr-purr sounds. Why you make Catty angry? Heatshiv not like Catty angry. Heatshiv not like you."
The Ogryn Heatshiv encountered this mutant phelynx years ago, and they have been inseparable ever since. They share a fondness of sharp claws and excessive hair, and have allied themselves to the Suffragette City Sisterhood Escher gang after the latter found a perfect pair of mascots in them, not to mention Heatshiv's combat prowess (and even Catty has been known to be useful at times).

LBFmyZT.jpg

WIP piccies here: https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/yakcomp-36-heatshiv-and-catty.10766/

Pierric

Gang Champion
Jan 22, 2020
Berry, France
Showgryn & her bodyguard

Rust Town Oh là là

Gruikney is a Rust Town showgirl (or rather showgryn) which stars at the Cross-eyed Beauty, the famous strip club known for his non humans dancers. She was once a slave of Caustus the Chain Lord, but escaped from the greedy slaver to become a pole dancer. Despite having paid her freedom back with a small chrono-crystal, Caustus has been holding a grudge against her and is believed to have tried on several occasions to shorten both her career and life. That led Gruikney to hire a bodyguard, but month ends are not always somptuous for a showgryn in a rather second rank club, and she could not find better that Gremlin' Kosther, a strange (and short) off-worlder who is said to have gone through the Eye of Selene hidden in some cabbages containers, a luxury initially ordered for the finest of Spyrers. Well, it looks like the kobold-like greenskin was not welcome in the high society banquets and soon found his way to the underhive, where he ended in the dust bowl and Rust Town to offers his (debatable) abilities as a shooter and security agent to those who can afford his fees, which are not that much, some irritating bad mouthers having the itching tendancy to give hime a lot of not so flattering nicknames, such as "Cave-in Cost'oomuch" and so on.

full.jpg

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
"Crank" Sin'Atra and Sliza Minelli

Interrogator Sin'Atra had earned the nickname "Crank" once upon a time, because he'd favored the rack in his interrogations. He'd since refined his methods, but the name had stuck. Not that he didn't use that kind of force anymore, that's where Sliza came in handy. Devoted to his cause to an almost frightening degree, he only had to point and people would get slized. Serious trauma of the twin chainsword-variety. The Servo Skull with the Force Field was useful at taking a hit, but he wouldn't trade any amount of Force Fields for Sliza being by his side.

My entry for Yakcomp #36, "Have you met Sliza Minelli?"
ZZdTDaT.jpg

Attachments

• ZZdTDaTm.jpg
    ZZdTDaTm.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 57

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Hmmmm the Troll King, The Current Mad Robot Mega Challenge Champion, The Current Finish Your Stuff Champion, six time Yak Comp Winner, the Yak with the most images, all round most “liked” Yak and the most humble of all humble Trolls is attempting to unite the holy triumvirate and hold aloft all three championship belts at the same time!!! a feat no Yak, sane or otherwise, has achieved before!!?

Unfortunately you selfish twats have all gone and entered some rather spiffing entries and made this rather unlikely! MEH!

PS. My attempt at being the G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Trolls oh the irony) is time limited and runs out of time after this comp, new MRMC and FYSC champions will soon be crowned :cry:

PPS. Those wondering why the comp submission deadline has not ended do not understand the Enforcers complex relationship with space time which roughly translates to “when we decide and/or can be bothered”

Love Clockwork

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Hmmmm the Troll King, The Current Mad Robot Mega Challenge Champion, The Current Finish Your Stuff Champion, six time Yak Comp Winner, the Yak with the most images, all round most “liked” Yak and the most humble of all humble Trolls is attempting to unite the holy triumvirate and hold aloft all three championship belts at the same time!!! a feat no Yak, sane or otherwise, has achieved before!!?

Unfortunately you selfish twats have all gone and entered some rather spiffing entries and made this rather unlikely! MEH!

PS. My attempt at being the G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Trolls oh the irony) is time limited and runs out of time after this comp, new MRMC and FYSC champions will soon be crowned :cry:

PPS. Those wondering why the comp submission deadline has not ended do not understand the Enforcers complex relationship with space time which roughly translates to “when we decide and/or can be bothered”

Love Clockwork

*the captain plays a very small violin*
F4385917-7366-47FE-8314-A4EBF7EB0EC9.jpeg

Be Quiet and accept your fate abomination!
I said about lunchtime, and about lunchtime it is!!

....I certainly don’t use the ‘Leave it to Spafe’ approach! 😋

But it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t abuse my position just slightly, so here’s my late, still to be finished completely, entry...

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Finally some fine upstanding citizens have arrived! Huzah!

Following consultation with our legal servitors we believe you meant paragraph 751b - the ancient Space Marine centurion punishment of decimation. Our advertising revenue can stretch to the birch sticks and petroleum jelly, but you’ll have to provide your own apple.

Reactions: trollmeat