Necromunda Yakcomp 36 - Heatshiv and Catty

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
Time for another Yakcomp entry, for which I had already been saving my Ogryns (hoping a suitable subject would present itself: and it did!).

Yes, the working title "Heatshiv and Catty" is just a literary reference, slapped on the original idea and now probably shaping its future.
Yes, the Ogryn was a model I had been planning to build for my Escher gang anyway, and
yes, she will have some impressive hair, and
yes, I imagine I will be changing her upper chest area, and
yes, I imagine it will feel awkward to sculpt that. Those.
Also, yes, making something serviceable out of that ratcatlizard monstrosity will be my greatest personal hobby challenge yet.

First pictures just for proof of their current unassembled state:

3onIqhNzzpUm3zf?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

gwQxCdZ046z91sO?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
Heatshiv! It's me, I'm Catty, I've come home now...
Is there anything more cat-like than to sit outside of the window, constantly asking to be let back in? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With only a few weeks left before the deadline, it was time to get a move on with the building. Thankfully, Heatshiv is now close to finished.
First, I added some claws to the arc welder hand just to differentiate it more from the augmetic fist. I don't know how the arc welders are supposed to work, but supposedly they incorporate high temperatures in some way, so combining them with sharp bits should lead to a suitable explanation for the name "Heatshiv".

wvVtFGuVdzFQWNC?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

sPcOmwxwebGPhxj?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

It's not the most visible, but it's something.
I also added an earring from a little pendant, which was originally attached collar from one of those ratcatlizards - turns out those things are good for something after all:

4J9RftWK7sfOF7K?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

Km94EHNR-yD1lWe?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

Of course, an earring does not an Escher make. Nor does a loincloth or a little feathery detail, nor the chest enlargement.
No, the one thing Madame Heatshiv needed to look proper was hair. And a lot of it too:

caHV49hXrcjHsOg?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

5srh5QkQEua4gfW?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

Orngog

YCE Project Manager
Aug 30, 2014
Wiltshire
Looking great ¿)

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
Turns out that while sculpting breasts on an Ogryn may feel a bit odd, it's not nearly as weird as carefully applying make-up to an Ogryn's face.

It's been quite the experience.

(Pictures once there is more progress.)

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
“Make me look pretty, or I’ll squash you “
One imagines that's in fact a scenario that plays out everyday in the Underhive, since there is no way she can carefully apply lipstick and eyeshadow herself with those augmetic fists I imagine. I for one would not want to be responsible for messing it up...

YRTyyON0NFJt0jR?width=640&height=426&cropmode=none.jpg

Meanwhile, I wasn't quite sure what to do with the kitty, aside from "make it look less like a lizard and/or rat", while not fully making it into an ordinary cat. So for now, I've just.. added hair. Will see what it's like when painted up, and then maybe change some things in the design when converting the other three kittens. Maybe a next one becomes a bit more alien, or maybe male phelynxes will end up having wild manes, tusks, a barbed tail... we'll see.

5y1es7vKICdpxv4?width=640&height=427&cropmode=none.jpg

-ofsMIEkbeqXnU5?width=640&height=426&cropmode=none.jpg

Pagumb

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
One imagines that's in fact a scenario that plays out everyday in the Underhive, since there is no way she can carefully apply lipstick and eyeshadow herself with those augmetic fists I imagine. I for one would not want to be responsible for messing it up...
Wonderful conversions! Maybe you could convert the first Beauty Enhancement Servo Skull? BESSies, as they are known, are generally found uphive tending to nobles and the wealthy but do make their way down hive sometimes often in the company of servants fleeing their masters but sometimes as an unusual token of a service done by a ganger for an uphive connection.

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
Done just in time! By the God-Empress, there are a lot of details on that Ogryn. If I take a closer look tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me if I find some belts or studs I missed out on.

Rather happily surprised how little Catty ended up looking once she was painted up. And oh, yes, I regretted the stripy pattern on Heatshiv's top about 5 seconds after I started painting it. Never again.

LBFmyZT.jpg

As ever for my Escher figures, the colour scheme (for Heatshiv at least) was based on Bowie. The inspiration for this particular outfit:

Pagumb

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
Both models are great. Heatshiv has a ton of character. Looking forward to hearing about their adventures in the underhive.

Reactions: Coenus Scaldingus