Competition Yakcomp 37: "You just can't get the staff these days"

Yakcomp 37: "You just can't get the staff these days" (Pick upto 3)

• @Troubled Child ‘Rosie and Jenkins' Sump Sea Salvage’

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • @MedMos ‘Who's cooking?’

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • @Casus ‘Ashmore Dunn, Grox Rancher’

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • @Hawkins44 ’Lt. Sinestra Hortt, skilled investigator and detective’

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • @Pagumb ’X’agg “Air Rated” Knews, Propagandist to the Starrs (and others)’

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • @Jaws ’Ash Waste guide’

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • @SirFrog ’Scamorovich, the best Bullet Merchant of the North Hive’

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • @Edster ‘House of Iron’

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • @almic85 ’prize fighter and bullet merchant’

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • @Sump Duck ’Float the chem-dealer ‘

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirFrog

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Honored Tribesman
Mar 1, 2015
Luleå, Sweden
Gonna be a bit interesting, troubles with the new cat may cause delays in my miniature-makin', but I should be OK 'til deadline methinks.

Reactions: Aulenback

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
It's a Heavy Metal reference, and I'll have you know I'm doing binharic novocaine, that's legal on Stygies VIII.
4036992C-0C4E-4F30-BD23-F3F49214B0D8.jpeg

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
Wow great work @Jaws and @Sump Duck !!

Seeing your work has inspired me and was the kick up the arse I needed! Now to try to find some time for painting.

What do you guys think about the robot gun/war rig platform for the lugger cargo servitor brute? It's more utilitarian then the grim dark setting. I'm debating how to add all the luggage to it at the mo. I'm not sure what size base it should have? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Sump Duck

Ganger
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 9, 2020
Awesome stuff, @Edster! Lovely conversions, I especially like the bullet merchant. Where are all the bits from?

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
Thanks @Sump Duck! He was a pain to get the arms how I wanted them - not many empty right hands in my bits box it seems!

The conversion bits are from Anvil industries! I picked up a drone operator, some welding mask heads and then the bodies are 'boiler suit renegades' I think the range is called. They do decent backpacks too and the gun platform is their base with a genestealer cults quad bike heavy stubbier that fit perfectly.

Everything else is Necromunda or 40k gene stealer cult or imperial guard bits for the most part.

defo recommend Anvil industries if you can get them - they also do 3D printing files if that's your thing? :)

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
I hope, in the worst case scenario, it would be okay to entrer the competition with the car alone, if the pilot does not make it in time. I invested quite a bit of money and time into it already, made a mess on my work table, then my wife got angry about it, and I got burned by a soldering iron, too. There is no turning back!

I still have to wait for a week before I can ask the company to investigate where it got stuck.

Reactions: Ben_S

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I follow them on Facebook, and they’ve been having loads of issues with staff health (they’re a tiny company) and British Post.

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Last I heard from them was 21st, and it was an order confirmation. I then sent them an email asking for average delivery times to my country, and got no reply.
So I hope it arrives, and as long it arrives at least 3 days before the deadline, I'm okay with it.

Reactions: Punktaku