Competition Yakcomp 38: "It Belongs in a Museum!”

YAKCOMP 38: “It belongs in a Museum!” (Pick upto 3)

• @Ben_S - Stargrate

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • @Ben_S - some icons are better desecrated...

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • @Ben_S - Two hybrids stand guard over the remains of their brood-sire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @Ben_S - A skitarii operative approaches a piece of alien technology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @Spamuel - The Gemini Class Assault Automatia

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • @MedMos - Weren't there supposed to be some sort of guardians here?

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
No worries! 🙂
You still have until the end of the month, should you get a window in your scedule! Your idea sounds very cool tho!

While I’m on, id like to throw my own hat in the ring!

ill be making a gang relic and a propagandist: The infamous underhive artist Pablo PickAss...Oh and his painting The Clona Lisa!

quick questions to the tribe - how big is a relic supposed to be I.e. what does the book say?
-does the propagandist have weapons? If so, which ones?
The book says relics should be a “generic token or small terrain feature”.

The relics in the Underhive terrain set fit on a small base and stand up to a fighters shoulders. They are the little open cupboard sitting on a post with a skull inside.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Oh! That’s what that thing is!!
cheers almic85!

it might just be that mine is a wee bit large then as I picked this up today at the £1 shop (underworked fingers for reference)
30E959A2-7FE6-4C12-94DA-B1E55F27FA49.jpeg
im going to attempt to make a time lapse of me painting it!

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Lady liberty said that, not lady justice.

I could see her Grimdarking up nicely. The original has a scale and sword. Would you upgrade her to scale and bolt gun?
You'll see.

And the skulls she stands on? Those are the skulls of the judged, because justice shall be served above all.

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
For there to be perfect justice, there can be no mercy. So be it!
. . . . . Isn't one of the core factors of a functional justice system, the actual inclusion of mercy?

I mean I may be a pirate, but if some poor slob starts screaming and wetting them selves after I've taken over their ship of slaves, just because they've been and abusive dick head all the time, doesn't mean I won't have mercy on 'em and just cut his head off. . . . .

. . .. . I think I see your point.

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
My entry for the comp. Hopefully more to come?! :D

There it was. Hidden in the ruined tower marked on his map. The Soothsayer had gleaned its true location, and now he only had to retrieve it. There were other riches here, but his only goal was the Grimoire. The promised reward would overshadow everything this crumbling tower could hold. A quick glance over his shoulder, just to see if the hired help was keeping a lookout as instructed. Everything seemed quiet. But wait... Weren't there supposed to be some sort of guardians here?
yILOgxC.jpg

Attachments

• yILOgxCm.jpg
    yILOgxCm.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 23

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
3. Two hybrids stand guard over the remains of their brood-sire, to keep them from those who would put them in a museum.

View media item 60390
Edit: I had to take all these pictures with my gf's phone, because my camera and/or its memory card died. Not sure why this one came out smaller than all the others.

Last edited:

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I had some more loot counters/models, so I suppose I could, but these were the sets I made with the comp in mind, so I guess I'll leave it there. I've not managed to complete a competition entry for a while, but this should push my number of entries up a bit.

Spamuel

Juve
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jul 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia.
Totally forgot to post the photos here!

The Gemini Class Assault Automatia C.S-T.R was rediscovered by The Technoclasts during a foray into an outer industrial sector of Hive Secundus. The unit was defending the remains of another of its kind, P-0L-X, when it was almost overcome by the denizens of that cursed and irradiated ruin.
The Technoclasts attacked the xenos abominations from behind and rescued the machine and its fallen comrade.
Utilising their contacts within the militias, rogue Tech Priests and the wretches who inhabit Ashgrad, the two metal monsters were smuggled back to the gangs workshops and restored to working order.
Though the gang would be hesitant to call the machines their own, the allegiance of such powerful comrades has turned the tides on several occasions.