Competition Yakcomp 39: "Secret Society”

YakComp 39 : ‘Secret Society’ Voting (pick upto 3)

• @MedMos ‘A chance meeting in the ruins’

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • @Hawkins44 ’Kriegsman’

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • @Casus ’The Ghostraven Tribe and their precious Scrap Totem, complete with glowing (LED) crystal Gho

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • @Ben_S ‘Cawdor heavy with flamer.’

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @Ben_S ‘Cawdor leader, inspired of course by the classic Redemptionist.’

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • @julezwr ’Disciple of The Cult of the Sump Mother’

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • @The Tailor ‘the splendoor’

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Oh, sh... Erhm, why do I suddenly feel like I took on a whole lot of responsibility? :LOL: Only my opinion, I'm in favor of always doing what you are most excited about! That disclaimer ;)out of the way, I think it could make for a very relatable entry. Everyone loves the image of the lone guardsman, willing to try anything to stay alive for another battle, right? Right?!

Jul 15, 2020
This hiver worships Witch Hunters as the true saints within the Imperial Cult.

Ah, would it be tacky to use the new Cawdor sprue? So predictable, right? I might even use a Delaque body for this mad priest. I don't yet have a plan to really vidually sell the specific theme, but with a Blanchitsu mix of the new bits it will look cool at least.

@Biggle_Bear Squats have hairy everything.

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I’ve gotta say the first thing that came to mind for me on this was a hiver clinging onto their shotgun for dear life in the dark of the Underhive.

I hadn’t thought about it actually being consecrated or being prayed over but that is a great idea.

julezwr

Juve
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 9, 2020
Nelson, New Zealand
I’m keen. After some thought I’ve decided to build a cultist the represents the rebirth of The Cult of the Sump Mother!

I will post progress on my mini here:

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Seems I forgot to press post the other day. So I will spout the nonsense again. Followed by update.
I scavvierising will enter with "one priest and his bot".
Will update on this thread.
Acquired an ambot kit over the weekend, so a cool robot conversion is in order. Got a tech priest in my pile of shame/opportunity to shoehorn it into this comp. Technology being holy artifacts and all. The robot will have a mohawk to make it more underhivey.
Priest and bits of robot so far.
IMG_20210916_235157_455.jpg

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
All just balancing precariously on top of eachother, but legs torso and head of robot. The long neck does not look as bad in real life.
Araneus Battle construct. From the days of the Araneus continuity, before the world became the hell hole we know and love today.
Will paint some esoteric cult symbols on my tech priest to show that he believes the Omnissiah to be a giant ******* from ***** ****. All will be revealed as the Rev. Jeronimo Kipling teaches us.
If you can remember that reference to an obscure cult in the 41st millennium. Hats off to you.
IMG_20210919_134809_562.jpg

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Thanks for bumping this. I was meaning to check the deadline. I still hope to finish something, but having been away for almost two weeks at the start of the month I'm behind on where I'd like to be...