YakComp 50 (Really! FIFTY!) - A Godly Erection!

The mightiest erection for Comp 50 is...

• An erection finished quickly - Ben_S

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Garden of Morr statues - The Tailor

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tyrion Lickspitter's Shrine - Clockwork Orange (Painted only)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The Silent Tower - MedMos

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the advent of the Nu Old World I have been thinking about making some sort of Skeletal Wizard/Mage Tower/Monolith.

These competitions are what I need to take the chaotic maelstrom of concepts from wandering aimlessly in my head to reality.

99433-313d9842e47f38bc27b7c63d9fa099e2.jpg

I had to look back at the brief, to see whether this is limited to one thing or whether it could be a series of totems or something. Then I realised that the answer is in the name: monolith. So, something singular then. Though I suppose I could make several as separate entries...

Reactions: trollmeat
A monument can have more than one bit though. I'd allow it to be more than literally monolith. If in doubt, stick em on one larger base, like a henge.

I have an idea for some sort of ruined chapel... might as well make it a massive piece of terrain

I will be going a similar route with the gardens of Morr, i have always wanted a set and the prices now are too much that it is oop for a full battlefield, so i will be trying to build one myself. and might as well go all out for this competition!

only issue might be making that centre point for the worship.

I will be going a similar route with the gardens of Morr, i have always wanted a set and the prices now are too much that it is oop for a full battlefield, so i will be trying to build one myself. and might as well go all out for this competition!

only issue might be making that centre point for the worship.
Always wanted that set!!

Well, there was a statue in there. That’s always a good focal point.

Are you going to custom craft or 3D print stuff??

Was determined to make an Undead Tower/Thing,.. but I mentioned this competition to a few people, and they all say I should make a Monument to Juice (the Goliath Stimmer that worshiped himself/Slaanesh and attained apotheosis/disappeared).

Each of my Goliath gangs since Juice has been a variation of Juice cult (Children of Juice/etc), and worshiped different aspects of Juice (fell to different chaos gods).

I asked my necro group what a Juice Monument would be…

full.jpg

…but I think I might have other ideas.

Was determined to make an Undead Tower/Thing,.. but I mentioned this competition to a few people, and they all say I should make a Monument to Juice (the Goliath Stimmer that worshiped himself/Slaanesh and attained apotheosis/disappeared).

Each of my Goliath gangs since Juice has been a variation of Juice cult (Children of Juice/etc), and worshiped different aspects of Juice (fell to different chaos gods).

I asked my necro group what a Juice Monument would be…

View attachment 186366

…but I think I might have other ideas.
Your friends are a little ... single minded?

Reactions: Stoof and trollmeat
Might this be the time I actually attempt to make that Pillar of Chains??

We’ll see.
Well Yaksters, here’s a very low-effort mockup of the basic structure of my pillar.

Obviously more details, chains being one of them!! 🤣

Might need to check basing requirements but should be ok. Been after a statue for a while so this chap I’ll probably never do much with will make a suitable candidate - Goliathed up of course!!