Yakcomp Brainstorming Thread

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
“Get it up now, lads!” Build a riser for the game system of your choice. Riser should be at least one full level in height (as measured by ORB bulkhead height) and have enough surface area to comfortably hold a “medium” sized building. Actual dimensions may vary by discussion with mods if anyone actually chooses this.

Reactions: MedMos

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Garden of Heroes: make a shrine or some other scenery piece featuring a statue. A Hall of Lost Heroes? A trophy rack to a great hero of Mork? A memorial to a great knight in Mordheim?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Oops! I only checked the first post for the comps list before making my suggestion. Rereading the whole thread (especially after a serious time gap) would get tedious.

maybe both of our suggestions will increase the likelihood of someone going with it? “Hmm... this idea has been mentioned a couple times. Let’s go with it!”

Last edited:

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I agree that going through the whole thread is tedious. It would probably be far more useful if there was a single post at the top that contained all the unused suggestions - rather like how suggested NCE updates get compiled. Trouble is that someone would have to do that and we don't pay our mods enough.

Reactions: trollmeat

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I agree that going through the whole thread is tedious. It would probably be far more useful if there was a single post at the top that contained all the unused suggestions - rather like how suggested NCE updates get compiled. Trouble is that someone would have to do that and we don't pay our mods enough.

Good idea. Im sure @CaptainDangerous is sat around twiddling his dirty clone thumbs looking for something to do.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
You can call me Al......... Model a denizen of the underhive and their unlikely bodyguard.
;)

Reactions: MancInventor

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Sump News!

Rustman, the local superhero, known for his heroism and selflessness was killed, yesterday in the afternoon hours. Sources say he unintentionally flew into a no-fly zone and his presence triggered the automated anti-air defense of the 177th spire, causing fatal woulds. A funeral ceremony will be held at the corpse reprocessing center Delta-11.

• Haha
Reactions: MedMos

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
The Great Territory Challenge.

Everyone builds their version of a specific piece of territory. For example, a bar or pub. A Necromunda drinking hole would be very different from a GoMo Drink & Brawl, a Mordheim brew hall, or a Gaslands Dive Bar. Or everyone makes a settlement or a gambling hall or a....