Yakday 2020! (Worldwide Painting Event)

How much do you love YAKTRIBE out of five?

• 1 - I’m too young to die (Hate it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Hey, not too rough

• 3 - Hurt me plenty (it’s ok)

• 4 - Ultra-violence

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 5 - Nightmare! (I LOVE IT)

Votes: 24 92.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Happy YakDay!

So I decided to finally put paint to a miniature that is NOT the oldest one to have sat unpainted in my collection, but one of my favourites. Here is a picture of starting the basecoat:
nc_ohc=BsrEQV56rG8AX-pQhw1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1.jpg

^ I also decided to do slight touch-ups on the already painted model. They are Rackham Mini "Gas Blower" goblins, and are some of my favourite sculpts of all those I own. Really, and for true.

Here is the touched-up previously painted Goblin Doc, who has over the years acted in the role of GorkaMorka goblin, Necromunda Bad Doc Hired Gun, assistant to Fabius Bile, and role-playing game character.
nc_ohc=48DdzdM6H00AX_jsNg-&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1.jpg

nc_ohc=B-3zsce-L2cAX9o9DXg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1.jpg
And here is the started base-coat for the not-painted-in-these-past-dozen-years-or-so surgeon:
nc_ohc=6aE5qm_QdOIAX8pZsOn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1.jpg

He will be coming together over the next 24 hours, at long last.

EDIT! Just did some checking on dates of publication, and apparently, I bought this mini eighteen or nineteen years ago. Published May of 2001, which means it was likely in our stores here in Halifax briefly in early-to-mid 2002.

Last edited:

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I’m not planning on painting anything but tonight I’m going to hopefully finish the junk town, got one more market stall to finish and then I’m going to work on the scenery tiles.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
how the heck are you guys going to paint all this stuff in 24 hours ???

I didn't think the aim was to do everything start to finish, just to do something.

Whether it is undercoating a single mini, or organising a 24hr paintathon, get those brushes out and prove how Yak you really are!

Reactions: Aulenback

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Yeah, just a single dab of paint on a solitary figure is good enough to qualify! It’s more about rallying the tribe round an activity than anything else! (The ‘say nice things about malo and Yaktribe’ thread has already been taken 😅😋 )

Personally, I WILL get it all finished! And I challenge any and all yaks to take me on and do better! 😎

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Live thread seems to have crashed whilst I was away, oh well.

I got up to the heady heights of 8 live viewers at one point! The Trolls famous! For those unlucky souls that missed it this is what I made earlier.

I’ll be going live again later to work on the TT combat boards.

Mutant Modifier

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
May 24, 2019
mutantmodifier.blogspot.com

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Hobb and Nobb have had some colours slapped on, and are now covered in various inks and washes.

Unfortunately I'm no troll, I need my sleep! So it seems unlikely I'll get any more done tonight, as I can't really sit up and wait for them to dry. I'll check back in tomorrow, although I'll probably be doing gardening with the family. Gotta feed the tribe. ;)

Happy Yakday, Yakkers! This is the only place I hang out every day, except for my home. (nope, don't get out much :giggle:)

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Iv waste my time advantage by getting distracted!
the merc captain now has a hammer however, and Iv repaired an extra skele, so hopefully I don’t sleep in!

Thanks to all who have post today! I hope to see many more from you foreign yak bretheren when I log in tomorrow!

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Sleep is for the week.

Alternatively, for people in other time zones where it is later. Blame Sir Sandford Fleming. I do. Remind me to show you his Dingle some time. It’s preserved here in town.

Edit: And goblin surgeon is painted! Photos uploaded to Facebook. Will upload them tomorrow, when I shift from phone to laptop.

nc_ohc=J4pTE5_UCO4AX9JOpM3&_nc_ht=scontent.fyaw1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.