Yakday 2020! (Worldwide Painting Event)

How much do you love YAKTRIBE out of five?

• 1 - I’m too young to die (Hate it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Hey, not too rough

• 3 - Hurt me plenty (it’s ok)

• 4 - Ultra-violence

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 5 - Nightmare! (I LOVE IT)

Votes: 24 92.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardinal Syn

Ganger
Feb 1, 2013
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
I was gonna paint my Goliath forge tyrant for this but I made life hard for myself and this morning decided to make something from scratch! The brief was to build something that sums up Necromunda and it’s absurdity, channel John Blanche and get it painted by the deadline! Here’s where I’m at 0100pm Melbourne time!

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Not much, but I stayed up late to get some paint on. The idea is the chaos colors (blood and bone) are seeping into the original World Eaters colors.
A7B4B486-0C7E-4359-A709-BAE3B2515F81.jpeg

Howie

Lead Addict
Honored Tribesman
Nov 27, 2017
Uk
ok, @Howie. I have to ask: how do you do your eyes!?!

Hey dude! Usually with lots of breath holding and swearing :D I paint the socket black then do two downward whitstripes either side of where the pupil should be. Then outline the bits the white went over again with black - my guys all use eye liner - before tidying everything up with the skin tone. Before the last step they look like members of Kiss! That's when things go right btw, which is rarely. Usually there's lots of back and forth moving the lines about and reinforcing the black stripe in the middle. Using Vallejo air black and white paints helped me a bunch as the consistency is perfect out the pot. But yeah, mostly breath holding and swearing!

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
hmm.. may have to give that a shot. i usually go straight to white, then give them an iris of color, and fix the massive mutant eyes with the flesh because i've over-painted. (the breath holding and cursing we seem to have in common). a lot of the time, my eyes still come out huge (maybe not anime eyes huge, but still that's not human size) or get nearly wiped out by over-zealous fixing.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I got quite a bit of painting done this morning on the 1:1 scale linear line of sight blocker between my neighbour's garden and mine. That's a more traditional bank holiday pursuit, but not exactly worthy of Yakday.

I also got some primer applied to these four models:

View media item 46793
View media item 46794
View media item 46681
Unfortunately, I probably won't get to an interesting stage of any of them today, but this is my contribution to the day anyway.

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
Not a great deal of actual painting.
One of the Yakling's got this MDF loader 6 months ago, we assembled and base coated it for today!
lifter.jpg

The we played a game, for the Yak!
Did a take on the rogue cop scenario from Dec white dwarf, with the kids controlling attackers and defenders. I was the random element of some zombies... with added bonus of every kill automatically creating an extra zombie.
Good fun, the rogue cop managed to escape despite the Boy Yakling rolling 4x 1's in a row to shoot in the first turn....
Was also my first chance to put the Metromorph terrain together for a game!

gaming1.jpg

gaming2.jpg

gaming3.jpg

gaming4.jpg

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I have to admit - I totally slept in this morning and even more totally forgot that it was Easter!! o_O:LOL::giggle:
(I didn’t get mrs dangerous an egg and she ain’t happy!)

I have been painting however, while the machine was on charge, so I’ll be back soon with a WIP!
Great work Everyone! And happy actual Yakday for all of my fellow UK Yaks!

@Draconic
There has now been over 50,000 users registered to the tribe! By even just being here, you have proved you are more Yak than most!
I am most proud to be amongst such esteemed company!! ☺️

Cardinal Syn

Ganger
Feb 1, 2013
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Status
Not open for further replies.