Drag to reposition cover

Yakday 2020! (Worldwide Painting Event)

How much do you love YAKTRIBE out of five?

• 1 - I’m too young to die (Hate it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Hey, not too rough

• 3 - Hurt me plenty (it’s ok)

• 4 - Ultra-violence

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 5 - Nightmare! (I LOVE IT)

Votes: 24 92.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coenus Scaldingus

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Apr 29, 2018
Finland
Too dark for painting today, with continuous precipitation that alternated between snow and rain...

_ZP0lucRQ7ItcYQ?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

But, vowing not to be entirely idle, I mostly finished building my Venator/Sisters of Battle entourage:

DN6ksG3e764aMbg?width=640&height=480&cropmode=none.jpg

Just some gaps left to fill and they're ready for paint! Although she wasn't meant to be in the starting gang, I'm particularly pleased with how the Death Cult Assassin (red plastic mini) turned out. More and better pictures to come in a dedicated thread soon(ish) I'm sure.

*Merry Yakday and a Happy New Yakdecade people!*

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
yaktribe.games
The poll for this is outstanding, really laughed at the options and love the detail and thought on it 🤣

Great seeing so many projects on the go. I have my purple Space Marines pulled out of a box while I am still awaiting a move at months end into an apartment, so maybe I can knock off a few touch ups on them while here. The planned and dedicated projects for today though are really great. Very cool to see people happy to celebrate. Happy Yak Day!!!

Ned Noodle

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 26, 2016
Leyland
Happy birthday yaktribe. And a happy yakday to all my fellow tribe members. :D
Not had much time to get as involved in the tribe as I would have liked recently, but I’m lurking from time to time and this place is still dear to my heart. Not managed to get any hobby action in today unfortunately but seeing all your guys work is really inspiring and I hope to be back and contributing soon. congrats yaktribe!

kendoka

Ganger
Nov 20, 2015
Skellefteå, Sweden
W.I.P. Corpsegrinder Guild workers.

My contribution to the Yakday 2020! worldwide painting event.
I tried to paint a whole gang in 24 hours (using mostly Contrast paint) - and failed...

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
yaktribe.games
That is not what failing looks like. That might he running out of sunlight, but you crushed what you did do. They look fantastic, to the extent that I now have to go look heavily into all the bits and sprue sources to pinpoint all the stuff.

Its kinda fun that there are Necromunda models being made again for those moments when you lose track of releases and then go "whoa, Im not even sure Ive seen these sculpts before". Regardless of if they are 100% based and sealed 🙃

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Yakkity Yak, I am back!

So, today I’ve been making progress on my scenery. I’ve had a bit of a scenery mojo going on lately so I thought I’d better crack on and not waste it! Got a test bit done yesterday, plus a load of primer-ing so today I got to do the fun bit and start adding detail and paint to it (and Yak posters). Still doing it in fact!

Picture is my test piece, the rest of the stuff I’ll get up a bit later on tonight.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I've done a bit on my boat, and a bit on my monster, but I'll have to photograph all the progress tomorrow; I hope the thread stays open to allow for photo uploads!

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Here's what I managed on my Lich today:

View media item 46810
I'm pretty satisfied with that, given that he was only primed this morning. Most of this was done in an hour or so in front of the TV just now.

Currently looking very colourful, but it will all get dulled down with inks/washes later, so fingers crossed it will come out fine in the end.

Last edited:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017

So this is as far I could get. This is my bits box space cruiser.

Biggle Bear's logistical and waste disposal service. Thanks to this venture millions of lives will be saved twenty years down the line, cementing Biggle's title of unsung hero. The only company offering orbital leaflet strikes in all the 40k universe. With the illegal side business of smuggling people off of Necromunda to better lives on farm planets.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013

These rust powders are great! I’ve managed to get some of my Zone-MDF done today, though a blast of rain prevented me from getting all the bits sprayed up. Typical.

I’ve managed to finish off the fully base coated ones though. Rusts, posters a bit of graffiti, hazard stripes, that sort of thing.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I finished my pit slaves in just 2 evenings, that's roughly 2 hours a piece. I must admit I'm pretty stoked with them, and that I managed to finish them! :cool:
That marks the end of my Yakday celebration, but I'm looking forward to what else will turn up here while I sleep.

Happy Yakday, one and all! 🎂🎆 Here is Hobb and Nobb, wishing you a good night.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

These rust powders are great! I’ve managed to get some of my Zone-MDF done today, though a blast of rain prevented me from getting all the bits sprayed up. Typical.

I’ve managed to finish off the fully base coated ones though. Rusts, posters a bit of graffiti, hazard stripes, that sort of thing.
Trollholme was more or less covered in those - great stuff.

Reactions: MusingWarboss

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Trolls finished for the night at 23:50ish on Sunday in the UK - doubted I’d get paint on anything but good progress has been made! I reckon in 12ish hours out of the last 36 I’ve done the following;
  • Finished the Fishmonger and butchers stalls.
  • Added mesh and tie wraps to the boards.
  • Sculptamolded everything! Im in love!
  • Sanded a bit to check it works.
  • Built a Sump City Radio Tower
  • Built a shack for one of the roofs.

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
yaktribe.games
I got a bit of brush work in, albeit not much. Trying to get some repurposed Catachan Command flags to look more like the Dark Angels standard i have for my Ravenwing speeders.
9B7DB267-9316-4F92-ADB5-2948130C26A8.jpeg
D2034028-6DB4-4ED1-ADBB-44B16F70DA6B.jpeg

300086F5-43CD-4E5B-97E2-FEB0F174E296.jpeg

278434E9-3468-4D3A-901A-CE35484D4B60.jpeg

Also worth mention is the excellent wood panelling walls of the bunk house Im currently residing in 😁

Happy Yak Day, running out of daylight even out to the Pacific on the west coast but a couple hours left for some 😎👍

Status
Not open for further replies.