spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Well, all caught up on this thread... Was cracking day on Sat, So gutted I missed the Sunday rumble too!

I'll put some pics up once I work out how to transfer them from phone to computer.

A few things I've learnt from this weekend:

@Llewy has mad skills at board making, scenario writing, and generally being a true gentleman
@The Duke has a real Architects flair for setting up boards (as he swiftly made my hamfisted attempt at terrain look a lot more respectable, but being a geratic forgot he'd left the bath running meaning we had to fight on a sea of goo!), also a gent!
@Oliver & @heldantes are not cut out for the life of gang warfare... both earning the ignoble peace prize for their pacifist natures... they genueinly seemed to feel bad about shooting you in the face... don't worry, we'll get that out of them yet!
@Jaws has stunning minatures... looking through his case... it's clear he jsut needs to move to London so he has time to play with more gangs and let them see table time!
@Fold did a great job keeping everyone organised, and I'm sure all rumours of bribing the painting judge are just slander put out by those jealous escher who dont like seeing good honest muscle win! (well deserved win btw!)
Oh and one final thing... @Alobar sucks! :p

Was awesome guys, really looking forward to next years, and thanks to everyone who made it, was cracking!

Bat reps maybe to follow... and map updates later in the week too :)

Fold

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
In other news, we had one of the super-keen staff judge the "Best Gang of YakDay London" competition too - which was deservedly won by the excellent "Hive Bastards" Goliath gang that @Fold had brought along - some fantastic details (5-o-clock shadows on the bald heads and chins!) and vivid colour scheme, some fantastically characterful compositions and conversions and really fantastic attention to detail on the basing too! - not to mention the always hilarious Goliath names (the juve "Fist-punch" stood out as a particular favourite of mine)

Here the "War bastards" are in all thier glory:
img_6522-jpg.14881

Thank you The Duke! Personally I think I was lucky to win with such stiff competition and I was sure your Ratskins would take it. If anyone does want some close ups, they are on my blog - kitbashed goliath gang. I was going to refer you to my Yaktribe modelling thread but have just realised most of the photos there are on photobucket so some maintenance is required to sort that out.

Did you capture photos of the other entries? All the gangs lined up on Llewys terrain looked magnificent and it would be cool to share those photos too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I was going to refer you to my Yaktribe modelling thread but have just realised most of the photos there are on photobucket so some maintenance is required to sort that out.
This should solve itself once I moved to the new site/server and I run the script to download all the thread images to YakTribe instead of hotlinked from 3rd parties.

Reactions: The Duke and spafe

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
@The Duke sorry about the image uploader and single images. Since the flash one was disabled, I wasn't going to pay for updates to the current plugin when I've already purchased the new official one on the new site. So easy multiple uploads will return soon :)

Last edited:

The Duke

of the Grim-Dark and The Lord of Lawful-Evil
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 23, 2015
London
@The Duke sorry about the image uploader and single images. Since the flash one was disabled, I want going to pay for updates to the current plugin when I've already purchased the new official one on the new site. So easy multiple uploads will return soon :)

Not to worry - I muddled through.... that'll be nice tho, when its back! - thanks @Malo you're a ledge!

Reactions: spafe

Ned Noodle

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 26, 2016
Leyland
Just caught up on all the shenanigans at yakday London and it looks like you guys had a total blast! (y)
Amazing models and terrain, great events and by all accounts a great bunch of yakkers, well done my southern brothers. And props to @Jaws for going the extra(however many) miles to attend, that's true dedication to the tribe. :)
Congrats to @Fold for bagging best gang amongst all those other amazing gangs. Looks like you and me will be stepping out in style thanks to this awesome community.
Also Congrats to anyone who got involved in the day and bring on Tribemeet 2018! :D

Last edited: