Yak's Miniature Wishlist

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Hey!

After chatting with a friend about the new Augmek that was just shown, and things what we'd like for our gangs.
I wanted to ask then, what new miniature, or unit type you'd like to see released for your gang, or army? Or what miniature you'd like to see released in general?

For me, and my Enforcers,
I'd like to have a Haunt available, a sanctioned psyker
Another thing I'd like is a UGV, an unmanned ground vehicle. Basically a radio-controlled drone with a machinegun attached to it.

TurkeySnow

Ganger
Dec 11, 2014
I would love for GW to release a 28mm Inquisitor line or make more individuals for Necromunda and other planets. Ash waste gangs and vehicles. Gorka morka boxed set.

Wishful thinking?

Reactions: trollmeat

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Necromunda Trolls.

Seriously I’d like to see them release an imperial civilian line, including vehicles. Also make them multipose for ease of converting.

Edit - generic imperial weapons sprue without hands.

Edit 2 - maybe some non imperial army models? More Eldar? Squats?

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Necromunda Trolls.
of-course-anchorman.gif

Jan 12, 2021
For that matter, maybe I'd like to see some Xenos delegation visiting Necromunda, or a bounty hunter. Probably Eldar or Tau, possibly different species not as widely represented. Either sneaky or badass, because that's the only way how to survive down there.
Maybe not Tau specifically (Necromunda is a long way away from the Eastern Fringe, after all), but given that Kroot are frequently encountered as mercenaries well beyond the reach of the Tau Empire I can definitely see one playing up to a Predator-esque theme of hunting the most dangerous game in the Underhive, along with finding the whole corpse starch business wryly amusing.

Last edited:

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
Generally speaking, I would mainly like miniatures for the missing roles.

These include exotic beasts such as Caryatid, Sheen Bird, Grapplehawk, Gyrinx Cat. But also Hangers-On and Outlaw Hangers-On, Hive Scums and Outlaw Hive Scum, as well as a few others.

What I'm also missing would be cherub servitors and general servitors with various accessories. A door servitor like in Hive War is also welcome. Furthermore, flying skulls, which can be built as armed or unarmed drones and as sensors, medi or gun skulls.

If I continue to dream and fantasize, I would also like a plastic sprue with at least one or two generic male and female bodies, which can be built with the extensive and distinctive accessories and different hands either as one of the missing hangers-on or outlaw hangers-on. And it would also be nice to have a Cyber-Mastiff, which can be built either as normal or hacked, or as a hardcase Cyber-Mastiff, or as Wotan for Kal Jericho.

Finally, I would also be interested in a Necromunda Scenery Decor & Objective Set. For example with various gang icons or gang relics, door servitor, skull countdown machine, order terminal, little wild snake still and bottles, bones garlands and maybe zip lines.

TurkeySnow

Ganger
Dec 11, 2014
Necromunda Trolls.

Seriously I’d like to see them release an imperial civilian line, including vehicles. Also make them multipose for ease of converting.

Edit - generic imperial weapons sprue without hands.

Edit 2 - maybe some non imperial army models? More Eldar? Squats?
Second this!

Generic Imperial civilians for Necro - different body types/sexes, mutation kit, weapon kits, xeno races kit.

Full of converty goodness.

I would love if they introduces a webstore where you could buy individual bits!!

Jan 12, 2021
Second this!

Generic Imperial civilians for Necro - different body types/sexes, mutation kit, weapon kits, xeno races kit.

Full of converty goodness.

I would love if they introduces a webstore where you could buy individual bits!!
I miss the days where you could feasibly order bits sprues from GW via catalogue...

Amusingly, there's a case to be made that an Imperial line of "civilian" vehicles already exists via Genestealer Cults, considering that much of the non-IG vehicles they can nab are repurposed mining and survey vehicles.

Hawkins44

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 2nd Place
From what I observed, scifi civilians or non-combatants in general are hard to come by even from 3rd party companies. Be it both in bits, or whole sculpts.

Some company, can't tell which specifically, released a set of mechanics. But I'd like to see different roles too. Vendors, hobos, janitors, women of loose morale, greasy fatties eating starch burgers, or generic bystanders, where none of them waves any weapons around.

Maybe @Mad Robot can take this as a suggestion? Ha.

Last edited:

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Multi part kit for Dark Vengeance cultists.
You’re not asking for a lot! 🤣

Do you really mean multi-poseable Cultists, as that’d be cool. Multi-part is technically what they do with most kits these days - cultists built like Van Saar in 40 parts per fixed pose model (with possible alternative weapons choice) would not be attractive!

Anyway I guess I’d just like them to finish what they started in 2018 in the Gang War books first.

The new “gang” of outcasts starts to look like they’re thinking of civilians but they’re most likely to appear at £19 per model as resin casts if they do at all.

Here’s a craaaazy idea - how about a cobbler? The underhive is distinctly lacking in shoes right now!

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Do you really mean multi-poseable Cultists, as that’d be cool. Multi-part is technically what they do with most kits these days - cultists built like Van Saar in 40 parts per fixed pose model (with possible alternative weapons choice) would not be attractive!

I mean ones with arms and weapons you can swap between bodies like the GSC neophytes kit.

Although tbh ones with two arm options per body like the Goliaths kit would be (barely) acceptable. I'd even take a re-casting of the DV ones. I'm running low atm.

There really aren't many "multi posable" kits at all tbh. Every pair of arms fits only one way with very limited vertical posability. Bolt Action infantry or Frostgrave kits are about the best in terms of multi posability.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
There really aren't many "multi posable" kits at all tbh. Every pair of arms fits only one way with very limited vertical posability. Bolt Action infantry or Frostgrave kits are about the best in terms of multi posability.
Yep, it’s kinda sad really. Plastic offers up the perfect opportunity to create kits that can be posed in a multitude of ways.

What we usually get from GW is a plastic version of the metals from the 90s. One pose and cut to convert or one pose but heres some arms to stick on.

The 2000s Eldar guardians were pretty good as they had ball joints on the neck, shoulders and waist.

But I guess the extent of that pose ability will depend on clothing restrictions.

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I don’t know why GW doesn’t do a 3D printed bits to order service - you can order any bit of lego after all.

Get a couple of printers, pay some nerds pittance to run them and see what happens. I bet it’d pay for itself. Hell sell the individual bits STL files at ridiculous prices and embrace the future.

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I don’t know why GW doesn’t do a 3D printed bits to order service - you can order any bit of lego after all.

Get a couple of printers, pay some nerds pittance to run them and see what happens. I bet it’d pay for itself. Hell sell the individual bits STL files at ridiculous prices and embrace the future.
GW are terrified of 3D printing at the moment. As in employing teams of lawyers to comb the internet and C&D anyone sharing warhammer related STLs.