• Poll closed .

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
announcement-comp-5.jpg

LAWMAKERS & RULE-BREAKERS!

Welcome to the fifth Yaktribe competition - this criteria has been chosen by @Rusty101 for the outstanding mini in Comp 4 (y)

So here is the Criteria...

Mordheim / Gorkamorka / Necromunda / Inquisitor28

- The theme is that everyone is either on one side of the law or the other... except when you're skirting the boundaries :D

No matter where you go in a Hive City, an Empire City or Mektown you're going to run into someone who wants to - Poison you to raise your corpse, Hunt you down, Eat you, Beat you half to death with batons, Smite your accursed soul, Vaporise you or all of the above.

This is an open category so any of the following are allowed: Miniatures / Buildings / Scenery

- Ideas could include:
Arbite compound / vehicles, mek boyz, Rebel Grots or Meks, heretic hunters, bounty hunters, highway men, a pillory or other public humiliation display scenery piece, any outlaws or outlander, Guilder mercenaries and traders [who let's face it are the real lawmakers].

- Build / model must be new from start date - so no semi-finished projects.
- Build must clearly be at one end or the other end of the spectrum (either a Lawmaker or a Rule-Breaker)
- There are no size restrictions.

Please post your intention to enter the competition below!

Good Luck everyone

Closing Date will be one month from now, so 6th February.

(@Malo can you move to the briefing room please boss?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to everyone that entered!

The results -as you can see above are:

In Third place with "Malvo" by @grimwork
2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-dGl_Frt19pI%2FVLbDjy0zOiI%2FAAAAAAAABbQ%2F8vQCk0Rnkwk%2Fs1600%2FMalvo3.jpg

In Second place with "Arbites Squad" by @jonbo
Arbites%2B1.jpg

Arbites%2B2.jpg

...AAaaaaand...<Drumroll please> in First place with "The Cages" by @ClockworkOrange !!!!!
image-jpg.3956

image-jpg.3960

A big thank you for everyone taking part and a very big congratulations to @ClockworkOrange for not only winning, but being the first Yakker to win more than once Competition!

As I have mentioned already, we'll have 2 weeks off - but in the meantime, myself and @ClockworkOrange (and @Malo) will come with a new idea for you!

Ok, Entries for the 5th YakTribe Competition "LAWMAKERS & RULE-BREAKERS!" (aka YakTribe Comp V) as decided by @@Rusty101

"Sarge" by @trollmeat
sarge-jpg.3874

"The Cages" by @ClockworkOrange
image-jpg.3956

"Malvo" by @grimwork
2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-dGl_Frt19pI%2FVLbDjy0zOiI%2FAAAAAAAABbQ%2F8vQCk0Rnkwk%2Fs1600%2FMalvo3.jpg

"Zombie Removal Service" by @nooker
1065-1422503442-042fef2a81988264f6495e22cb1d138b.jpg

"Arbites Squad" by @jonbo
Arbites%2B1.jpg

"Rallus the Rogue-Trader" by @Warchef Andi
IMG-20150203-WA0030.jpg

"Bounty Hunter" by @Crowmire
x3P0FHX.jpg

"Hold up at Hive Guys" by @TakUnderhand
16451779892_b84cd9435c_o.jpg

"Cadaverous - Cannibal King" by @matswo
20150206_004458_zpsvtms7ue2.jpg

"Judge Tomlin Vass" by @ntw3001
20150205_235928-jpg.4093

"Precinct House" by @nooker
1119-1423284607-9f53c2d6a581a01e797b544f697f3c48.jpg

That's all the entries (I think) - Please let me know if I have missed anyone - I will add the poll later today or tomorrow for voting.
It'll be the same as last time, you can vote for your favorite 3.

I may be about to get very busy, but if I don't I might toss my hat in.

If I do join, I'll build an open-topped Rhino (using an ancient, new on sprue MK 1 rhino kit I acquired recently) for my fledgling Adeptus Arbites force.

If that does't pan out, maybe I'll go a slightly easier route and just make the first test model for my kit-bashed Arbites basic troops.

Last edited:
Oh. I miss understood the requirement... archeotech isnt really falling on either way... hmm. I will do the dome anyway even if it will be discarded from entry...

Hmmm. Hmm.. i have think a new idea

Reactions: trollmeat
I'll join this one, if I come up with an idea that is unambiguously one way or the other. Right now, nothing really is leaping to mind with what I have to work with. Obviously the bar I've just started isn't going to cut it.

Reactions: Rusty101
OK, narrowed it down to a converted miniature, either bounty hunter or chaos cult leader. Will see what the FLGS has in the second hand cabinet today that inspires me.

So... probably something else ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: trollmeat