YakTribe system updates and downtime

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
YakTribe Gaming systems will be going down for several updates tomorrow night, Friday 14th August after midnight GMT (around then). All registrations and login will be disabled and the Necromunda tools will not be functioning during this update which may take 4-5 hours.

There are several updates that are going to be coming soon for the various tools but before I put those live over the next few weeks, I will be making a general site structure change from subdomains to a single domain yaktribe.org as well as moving to HTTPS secure.

While I haven't been around much, there has been some workings in the background which I'd like to get into a testing stage soon and focus on YakTribe again after a long stressful period at work over the last 6 months or so. Thank you for your patience and your efforts in making YakTribe Gaming an awesome place!

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
The site has been converted over to single root domain and redirections put in place. Almost everything is working correctly however I'm having trouble with some of the ajax functions getting same origin errors for some reason, still trying to figure out what is causing the re-writes. So there are a bunch of live update functions on the Necromunda tools that require ajax updates which are not working.

If there's anything else that is obviously broken, especially any old links that aren't working anymore, or not redirecting properly, please advise.

Reactions: trollmeat
Jul 27, 2012
I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but I can't seem to save updates to notes on any of my gangs or gangers (this might be the ajax function thingamajig, in which case ignore this).

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
What is good about Tapatalk?

I occasionally have an issue when replying on my phone where I am jumping in and out of typing mode and accidentally hit the orange Up/Down button that appears, and get navigated away from my reply. That's the only real issue I have on my phone, so I can't see myself using Tapatalk considering it signature spams ~"sent via tapatalk on my iphone"...

ps: this site is awesome, thank you for gathering lost players:)

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
Tapatalk makes it kinda like twitter in format. Frankly, I don't like it as well just browsing to it through the phone's web browser.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Although I have glanced at Twitter, I never did like the format. Appreciate the description. Thanks :)

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
We are fortunate to have a great mobile layout so Tapatalk is not necessary unlink most forums. There are many who like to use it though, but in my opinion it has been getting worse lately.