N18 Zone Mortalis: Floor Tile Set

andre61

Oct 15, 2019
What the hell is going on with GW? It is close to a year and NO! Zone Mortalis floor tile sets, Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on? This sucks GW!

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
They restocked twice this year (in march, and I got mine at a june restock in July), but they are produced in China (based on the us import manifest from last October), and that i imagine has affected things muchly.

enshot-2020-10-27-16-26-23-807-com-facebook-katana.png

enshot-2020-10-27-16-26-35-654-com-facebook-katana.png

enshot-2020-10-27-16-26-42-151-com-facebook-katana.png

Last edited:
Reactions: andre61

Orngog

Wandering Ignoble
Honored Tribesman
Aug 30, 2014
Wiltshire
I'm not aware of any sets that fit with the plastic zm terrain (as most were designed to fit the slightly smaller card tiles), except for Sector Fatalis which seems to be at least as expensive as the real thing.

Although I would dearly love to be proven wrong!

There are some suitable zm floor tiles that can be 3d printed though, some of which "lock in" to the plastic sets as well...

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
I think Art of War studios retweaked their terrain to fit the plastic terrain. I have the older Hive range that fits the cardboard tiles but believe it doesn't fit their new Necromunda underhive range that they've released..though could be wrong on that.

Though guessing since you wouldn't put MDF terrain on a plastic base... Most MDF manufacturers aren't in a rush to address this

Reactions: Orngog

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
My thinking is they because people who are choosing MDF terrain over GWs plastic walls aren't likely to then shell out on plastic floors. MDF floor tiles do exist. Also the MDF walls won't fit easily on the plastic floors I believe as the plastic walls are moulded to fit.

Personally I might put plastic terrain on a cheaper MDF base sooner than the other way around. So the only benefit of matching wall lengths is to help people interchange MDF and plastic terrain walls on a flat base. Which doesn't encourage going all in on MDF..

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
I'm waiting for the ZM Floor Tiles too!

My hope that they might be available again along with the new Stronghold gang has unfortunately not been fulfilled.
Obviously, there seem to be bigger problems. I suspect either in the production or in the transport and shipping from China.

MDF is not an alternative for me here. 3D printing would be an option. If necessary, I might be able to create a shape, but I would like to avoid that.
For now I'm still waiting.

Last edited:

andre61

Oct 15, 2019
What's up with that GW? you restock the UK but we in the US get 0, I go to the GW web store and it say's you are still out of stock? Look! I know GW don't read the stuff here but where can I go to vent?

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.games
What's up with that GW? you restock the UK but we in the US get 0, I go to the GW web store and it say's you are still out of stock? Look! I know GW don't read the stuff here but where can I go to vent?
Have you clicked on the tiles to bring the main page up? They were showing as unavailable on the list screen here for a while, but when you clicked on them they were available. They hadn’t removed the ‘currently unavailable’ banner thing at first.

Kodoskang

Juve
Nov 7, 2019
Have you clicked on the tiles to bring the main page up? They were showing as unavailable on the list screen here for a while, but when you clicked on them they were available. They hadn’t removed the ‘currently unavailable’ banner thing at first.
Not sure what you mean here, but if there is a way to buys these on GW’s US web store then I can’t find it.

andre61

Oct 15, 2019
I try to buy using the UK store but no dice, Well! it's a good thing I have one set, Just wish there was away I could buy just one more set, I was told this type stuff would happen when you buy into GW games, The only games they look after is 40K and AOS.