1. TribeMEAT 2019 UK is coming, and on Kickstarter! Check it out and get in early
    Dismiss Notice

NCE Necromunda Community Edition Rulebook 2018

Necromunda community rulebook

1. Anthony
    The NCE is a fan update to the official Necromunda rules with three main aims. To better balance the weapons and skills alongside minor tweaks to improve general gameplay. To clarify ambiguities and patch up rule holes. And finally to introduce select new equipment and scenarios that conform with the spirit of the game and add variety.

All changes to the official rules are marked in red.

You can follow development of the project and post suggestions here.

[​IMG]

Recent Reviews

1. Tiny
    Tiny
    5/5,
    Version: 2018
    Excellent work by Anthony. This is THE Necromunda rulebook as far as I'm concerned.
  2. henry.isaacs
    henry.isaacs
    5/5,
    love using the nce rule book and especially like the new fear rules due to my gang leader have all causes of fear possible ;)
  3. chilipepa
    chilipepa
    5/5,
    Absolutely love the work
  4. Loriel
    Loriel
    5/5,
    Version: October 2016
    no need to explain. this document + community... pure 5 star
  5. Mamutera
    Mamutera
    5/5,
    Version: November 2015
    Awesome work
  6. Shadowbadger
    Shadowbadger
    5/5,
    Version: February 2015
    Provides a good set of rule balancing and clarification. Further, it is an ongoing, evolving community driven project.
  7. cac2008
    cac2008
    5/5,
    Version: 7.14
    Loving the changes, which clarify a lot of content.

I wish a community version could be created combining outlanders in one rule set, but maybe I expect too much! ;)
  8. ineptmule
    ineptmule
    4/5,
    Version: 7.13.1
    I'm going to have to disagree with the other reviews and say that this edition doesn't quite yet work for me in matching the spirit and atmosphere of the original rulebook.

No doubt, the balance tweaks are a good thing, along with numerous other alterations to improve the game.

But the neglect (to date!) of Outlanders in NCE means that I'll still be turning to the ORB for any campaign that I run myself!

As this is a work in progress I look forward to the revision which satisfies me and I can retire my cherished (but battered) copy of the ORB hardback.
  9. cardyfreak
    cardyfreak
    5/5,
    Version: 7.13
    The pinnacle of necromunda rulesets, this edition has cleared up much of the nonsense and bizarre quirk of the original rulebook. You probably didn't notice at the time if you were a kid playing, but as you grow older you see a lot of the clashes and imbalance and can struggle with some of the wording. This version clears much of that up, re-introduces the awesome catch fire rules, balances the skills table to a much more satisfactory entity, and my personal fave; makes the autogun a viable option by simply reducing the range of the las gun slightly.
    The Necro players ruleset, this is written by Necromunda fans, for Necromunda fans. It stands on the shoulders of its giant predecessor and makes an already awesome game even more. Awesome! And it's freeeeeeee!!!!
  10. Gorkamunda
    Gorkamunda
    5/5,
    Version: 7.13
    The NCE Clears up a lot of the confusing wordings in the LRB, and offers some popular additions, like bringing back the Catch fire rules. If you prefer spending less time arguing and more time playing - the NCE is for you.

Better still - it's still being updated, so if you find something you think should be changed, drop by the NCE thread here on yaktribe:

http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/threads/necromunda-community-edition.1385/
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice