Welcome to the Necromunda Battle tool, providing you the online system to track your battles in your campaigns. The battle tool has many options for you, depending on how in-depth you would like to track your combat and non-combat events during the battles.
- Basic Tracking
- The most basic level of tracking within the online tools is to register wounding hits and ganger status (down, out-of-action, did not participate etc.) Using the buttons next to each ganger in the battle, you can toggle their health status, add flesh wounds and add wounding hits.
- Attack Tracking
- The next level of detail is to add combat events instead of just wounding hits. Use the button located on each ganger to initiate an attack, select the target, number of wounds and the result. Remember, the number of wounds inflicted is never more than the wounds stat on the victim!
You can also use the button on a ganger to register a non-combat event, associating it with that ganger and using his/her name as the prefix.
- Detailed Tracking
- The last option allows you to add a detailed combat or non-combat event. Find the button on the battle header to initiate the event. This provides more options for the attack including shooting/melee, misses, weapon selection, armor saves, evades and more options for results. Once submitted, the tools will generate a textual event using the options provided from a pool of random setence components, including visceral weapon descriptions based on weapon type! (ie. kinetic, flame, laser, edged)
- Post-Battle Option
- When you start a battle, you are provided with the option to use the Post-Battle tools here as well. These tools will take you through each stage of post-battle to process the events that occur. The functions used in the battle tracker are imperative to the post-battle sequence functions. So ensure you register your wounding hits and the ganger status' dnp, down and ooa.
- Injuries This stage will determine if any downed gangers go out of action and roll any serious injuries for those out of action.
- Experience Taking your wounding hits from the battle tracker, the winning gang and the gang ratings, this stage will assign the relevant xp and roll participation xp for any ganger (left alive) without the did-not-participate flag. Extra xp awarded for the gang leader and other scenario specific xp are NOT assigned and must be entered manually.
- Advances With the experience granted, the tools will calculate any advances and roll them automatically. If a ganger rolls a skill, it will prompt for you to select the skill section including all sections for the Skill (Any) advance. In addition, if a skill is roll the ganger has already, it will prompt again to select one of the remaining skills from that section.
- Credits This stage will display the gang's territories and prompt for the total credits earned. At this time, all credits calculations and available gangers to work territories must be done manually, only the final credits earned is entered here.
Escher by Philip Helliwell